For generations the Aristi family has labored the land in order to obtain its best fruits. They have been truly convinced that honest work does give a satisfaction that goes far beyond any economical achievement. This concept has been passed on to their children as well as to all the others who share the challenge. Today all their efforts are put into this family project.
Bodega Melipal believes in contributing to the greater good of the community, including its people, community, and environment. They place great emphasis on the importance of the safe conditions of which the employees work, and their staff shows its loyalty with extremely low staff turnover.
We minimize the consumption of natural resources and emissions of contaminants, and recycle the maximum amount of waste possible.
From the beginning, we have been dedicated to the creation of wines of the highest quality through committing to the concepts of sustainability and staying consistent with the harmony of the surrounding environment.
- Rotation of the products used with the objective of preventing resistance.
- Management of the canopy to ensure adequate light and ventilation, which permits minimal disease.
- Use of herbicides for weed control only if absolutely necessary.
- No use of pesticides.
- The rational use of water resources through the development and improvement of our irrigation strategies.
- Re use 100% of water used in the production process through our effluent treatment plant.
- Use of organic material and plant folders that allow enriching the soil microflora and improve fertility.
- Use of organic material resulting in the production of wines and vineyards as a natural fertilizer.
Use of ecofriendly bottles, 100% recyclables in the entire line of Ikella, contributing to decreasing emissions of CO2 in the production and transportation of the glass.
From our initial work with a provider with a certification ¨chain of custody" granted for the ONG Forest Stewardship, which permits the guarantee that the prime materials provided are from certified forests and that there is evaluation of the forestall production from the tree to the final product.
Nazerenas Vineyard Malbec
100% Malbec planted in 1923
50% Malbec planted in 1923
50% Malbec planted in 2003
Malbec, Petit Verdot, Cabernet Franc